There could be a number of reasons why you want to increase your fertility. Perhaps you have been trying for a while and you’re not yet pregnant, you may have had a long and arduous journey and been told that it “may not happen”, or a baby may be just a tiny thought in the back of your mind that you want to prepare for.
Improve your fertility
Either way, these steps can improve your fertility. Over the next few weeks, we will explore the natural ways to increase fertility in detail, but today let’s just think about where we need to start:
- Check your blood chemistry – There are specific things we need to look at prior to conception. Iron, Vitamin D, Thyroid for example.
- Clean up your diet – Reducing inflammatory foods, and increasing fertility friendly foods.
- Clean up your environment – Minimising your exposure to toxins will improve your fertility.
- Include top quality supplements that are specific to your needs – This is where the blood testing comes in. Based on your results, we can target deficiency and have your chemistry markers ready for a baby.
- Improve the health of the sperm and the egg – Targeting these through diet and supplementation makes a HUGE difference to fertility outcomes.
- Look at your activity level – Are you doing enough or are you doing too much? Are you doing enough to maintain your ideal weight?
- Regulate your cycle – Your cycle should come approximately every 28days, it should be pain-free and have no associated with PMS.
- Look at your stress levels – How do you cope with stress? Is it reducing your fertility?
- SEX – Let’s face it, to make a baby it is essential to have sex! But are you having enough? Do you understand when your fertile time is?
- Seek advice. If you need help figuring out what is going on, a qualified naturopath who is passionate about fertility is here to help! There is a myriad of “experts” out there who are more than happy to take your money without getting to the bottom of your individual health condition and creating the healthiest egg and sperm to create a healthy baby. With natural fertility management we look at the big picture, connect the dots, and dig to discover reasons for fertility issues.
As you can see, there is not one focus that we look at in natural fertility management. Next time I will go into detail about tests, what is needed and what is not.
Has this been of interest to you? If you would like more information, download my FREE PRECONCEPTION CHECKLIST.